Monday, March 24, 2008

My Experience with the Nomads.

Floorball.From Penang to Singapore and this year it was in Sabah.Recently,I was on a holiday trip to Sabah and I managed to hook up with Nomad Floorball Club which was one of the top two clubs in Sabah.The first person I met there was Leonard which was their vice-president.I guess he expected to meet somebody much more older than me.I met him in a place called Centre Point and he took me around his church which was the d'Stream Anglican Church situated there.After that,we went for training in SM All Saints and the training was held in a hall which is the size of four badminton courts.Much more bigger than than Ztec's training at Red Crescent Headquarters.I was then introduced to all of their players as Wilson and for the first time nobody called me Moy the entire time in Sabah.Wasn't really used to it.LOL.Started training with some runs and warm-up which was the usual thing to do before any training.After that,we did some passing and drills.And then,the big man came and it was their president Shawn(I guess he also expected to meet somebody much more older than me).It was like Sir Alex Ferguson making an entrance as he was wearing a coat and everybody clapped when he came in.You don't get that kind of entrance in Penang.He was actually having his company annual dinner before that which was the reason he was dressed so smart.At the last half an hour of the training,I had the chance to play a game with all the players.They actually have 3 goalies in their club which was a good thing and we managed to play a game with 2 goalies aside.Their goalie,Leonard shares the same name with Ztec goalie and they are both the number one goalie as well.=) After the training,we went for supper in Damai and then Shawn plus Leonard fetched me back to my place in Melinsung Beach.It is like from Butterworth to Dalat which is actually very far.Thanks for the ride guys.=)

The next day,I went to their church for the Easter Service and then to another training with the team again later in the afternoon.We played at a smaller place this time which was equivalent to the court in RC Hq.Did the same thing like what we did in training yesterday and then we played a game.I was playing as a defender in the beginning but Shawn insisted that I'm playing forward together with him and John.It was a good thing as well because I haven't been playing as a forward for a very long time.It was a good game and I enjoyed playing with them.It was certainly a great experience playing floorball in East Malaysia and it is good to see the sport growing over there.I believed that Nomad Floorball Club will definitely improve in the future and I wished them all the best in their upcoming league.There were also plans for a Ztec against Nomads match already which I hope will be carried out someday.I would like to thank everybody especially Shawn and Leonard for their great hospitality while I'm in Sabah.It has been a pleasure to play with the Nomads and I'm definitely looking forward to play with them again in the future.Happy floorballing!=)

Moy Wei Sern
Ztec 8cers Floorball Club

No comments: