Monday, August 10, 2009

News from USA: Oliver Cedric

Ztec has taken time to interview 2 of our players who are currently in USA. This is the interview between Ztec (Z) and Oliver Cedric (OC)

Z: How was your trip there and how are u settling down at the moment?

OC: The trip here was long and very tiring. It was a hassle transiting in so many different airports...! And, not to mention, I almost missed my connecting flight to Oklahoma from Chicago. Was stranded in Japan due to a delayed flight. But overall, the experience has thought me a lot. Flying so far from home for the first time and being alone, really gives you time with your thoughts. Overall, I had smooth flights throughout my journey... Ask Jeremy about his experience.. SCARY..!


Z:The league in penang has ended, how did u team 8cers performed in the league? Any words of encouragement to this team?

OC:The saddest thing about the league ending is exactly that, IT HAS ENDED! I had such a great time playing and competing that i dreaded the end of it. The league ending also meant it was close to my departure. So yeah, it was a sad thing that the league ended on all levels. 8cers were AWESOME! We went over our objective, we intended to score 50 goals throughout the league, and we beat that, so i would say we did very well. I'm seriously PROUD of you guys, we played as a team and we eventually won as a team.. And that, my friends, is the crucial factor of victory.! ONE TEAM, ONE PASSION! Keep it up people.. More to come..!!



Z: 33 goals out of the 53 goals has been scored between you, Jo Wyee and Ter Min. How do u think your absence will affect the attacking line?

OC: Well, Praise God that the I performed well and was able to contribute. I feel that the team will be able to press on. There is no doubt there. We are a team. And there is no single, star player in Ztec. Although I hope that i'll be missed (I REALLY HOPE SO GUYS! :P), I know in my heart that the members of Ztec will train to be the best that they can be, and they will cover my absence well. Who knows, there might be another "Oliver" lurking around in training. =] So Team, continue to train. Ter Min, Daniel Cheah and Jo Wyee, continue to coach them. And yes, Ztec will live on.!


Z:Who do you think was the best player in the league? (can be any position)

OC: Best Player....... me?? lol.. Nah.. Just kidding. Well
, as for best player in the team, I think it should go to Jeremy Yeap. His brilliant stunts, control and his dedication to lead the team with pointers and strategies have really inspired me to be a better player. I've played floorball for more than 5 years, and with Jeremy around, I still learn a lot. Stuff i never knew, and also stuff I THOUGHT i knew. So yes, in my book, Jerm should get best player for Ztec in this league.


Z: Lastly, any words of encouragement to the players in Ztec?

OC: Well, first and foremost, I just want to say that I miss you guys, and I miss training with you. It's not easy being thousands of miles away, not even having my floorball stick to even train (Dumb customs).But I will find a way to train and when I return, I shall hope to be at least a lil better. Jeremy is in the room beside mine, so i guess I can bug Him to train me every now and then. LOL! But seriously guys, I can honestly say that there is no team out there like Ztec, the bond we have in unbreakable, the spirit we have, uncrushable, the passion we have for the game, unspeakable, there are just no words to decribe Ztec, other than............ Family. You guys are the best. Keep in up and train your hardest. I've given some goals to reach to some of the players. And I hope you can reach them. This is to the entire Ztec. Play HARD, play SMART, and above all.... Have fun.. That's where our strength truly lies. We are GOOD individually, but we are GREAT together. So train your best, and play your best. I'll be cheering you on from here. Semangat Ztec, and God Bless...


Ztec wishes Oliver and Jeremy the best of luck in their future in the USA and hope to see them back soon.

No comments: